Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Job Update

Well, I never expected good news from my school and they sure came through on delivering just what I expected. They gave the full-time teaching job to someone else. I am meeting with my department chair on Friday to get some things cleared up, but needless to say I'm pretty disappointed. I knew that I would get the wrong end of this whole deal, but it's worse now that it actually happened and it's too late for me to get a job in a school that actually respects what I do. I know it sounds like I'm totally bashing my school, but I'm not alone in feeling some lack of respect for the people in charge of my district. I even had another principal call me after hearing of my situation and tell me that he'd be praying for me...too bad I can't work for him! He had went to the fair last week and talked to 6 other teachers from my school who were all complaining about various issues in the district, so it seems I've got company in my fellow teachers. It should be an interesting year ahead...sharing a classroom with a teacher who got the job I deserved, teaching from a new textbook, trying to show my principal what a mistake he made...all while trying to relax as much as possible for the sake of our baby! Anyways, enough complaining. Good news is I will now be able to spend most of the day with the baby once he/she arrives and be able to do a better job at being the housewife Brandon always dreamed I would be :) Tomorrow is another doctor's appointment...almost 16 weeks! I can't believe by our next appointment we'll be half-way there. I can't wait to hear his/her little heartbeat again and hopefully con them in to doing my ultrasound at my next appointment instead of waiting until 22 weeks ;) I'll try and post an update tomorrow after the appointment, as long as it's not blazing hot. Otherwise, we're going to the pool!

0 comments: