Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wedding Weekend Wrap-Up

I have been trying to write this post for a few days, but the craziness of our weekend seems to have carried over into the work week. Regardless, the long-awaited summary of last weekend is finally here!

Friday night, Brandon and I went to the wedding rehearsal and dinner for our dear friends Dan and Jenni. My friend Ashley and I decided that we didn't really need to be part of the rehearsal, so we headed off to Spencer's Gifts to get the soon-to-be-newlyweds some choice gifts. We were completely out of our element going in to that store, but we had a blast! When we returned to the church, we strategically moved Dan and Jenni's car to the main entrance so that all could see our handiwork. We especially loved that the cross is right in the middle of the bag, as if God was blessing the contents inside. If only we could have seen Dan and Jenni's face when they came out to their car :)


Saturday was the big wedding day. Brandon headed off at about 8:30, leaving me alone to get both myself and Bryn ready. Usually, Brynlee is a sweet, easy-going girl. She must have sensed my urgency in getting ready that morning and promptly decided to have a complete meltdown 10 minutes before we needed to walk out the door. I was so glad to finally get us both in the car and get her calmed down. I do not know how single parents do it every day! We finally got to the church, where Brynlee acted like the angel that she is and let me enjoy the beautiful ceremony. We ate Nelson's chicken, had some yummy cake, then hung out at the church playing yard games until Dan and Jenni left at about 6 pm (the wedding started at 11:30). We headed home, completely wiped out! What a fun and exciting day, though. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Godfrey!

0 comments: