Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week 1....finished!

First week of school is in the books and I survived! So far, my classes seem exceptionally good, which is awesome :) It's been hard getting used to a new book and I'm realizing that I don't really like the textbook, but oh well. At least I have a good group of kids, so it makes the stress of using a new textbook a little less intimidating. I also dropped the baby bomb on my principal on Friday, which I was not looking forward to. I had heard that in the past he is not the nicest of people to deal with when you inform him of a maternity leave. But, he actually was pretty nice to me. I figured it was time to inform him when I passed a group of students I had last year and heard one of them say "Dude, she looks pregnant" as he was walking away :) It feels good to not have that secret lingering in the air anymore. In related baby news, our big ultrasound day is now just 4 days away! One of Brandon's employees told me to drink orange juice before my appointment to help give the baby a sugar boost and be active during the ultrasound. So, we trekked to Target to get some OJ today...I'll try anything! We also bought supplies today to paint our basement, which will be changing to our office so that the current office can be the nursery. Progress is being made and it is exciting! I will make sure to update again on Thursday, hopefully with confirmation of Baby Y's gender!

0 comments: