Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Brynlee's First Fourth

Last weekend was extremely busy at our house. My parents arrived on Friday to stay with us for the long weekend and we jam-packed their stay with tons to keep us all busy! 

Friday night we ventured to downtown Goshen. Our town has an event called "First Fridays" that takes place on, you guessed it, the first Friday of every month. This month's activity/event was a classic car cruise down Main Street. We saw tons of great old cars and enjoyed strolling around downtown.



Brynlee hanging out with Grandma and watching the parade of hot rods

Touching grass for the first time

Saturday, Brandon and I had a surprise birthday party to attend. My parents watched Brynlee for us, but I was home pretty quick because our little peanut tried peas for the first time and I wanted to be there to watch her reaction.

This is so much better than that boring cereal!

Sunday night we headed out to Brandon's cousin's house to watch fireworks. I was a little nervous to take Brynlee because it would be way past her bedtime and I figured she'd be just a peach to deal with by the end of the night. But, I managed to get her to sleep inside the house just as the fireworks were starting. And to everyone's surprise, though she slept about 50 yards from where the fireworks were shot off, she snoozed through the entire 25 minute show. Angel!

My All-American Babe :)

We're looking forward to a little more relaxed week here at home. We're taking Brynlee to get her 6 month pictures taken tomorrow night, but that's about our whole agenda for the week. Can't wait to see how her pics turn out!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Brooke, I love all the photos, but especially the one with your Mom. :)